Box 1 - My First Time With A Subscription Box

I guess I don't really know why I'm doing this blog...I've never actually really blogged before other than when I had an assignment for creating a tutorial blog on how to climb a ladder...(not the most interesting topic). But I wanted to give it another go on a topic that I was interested in as I thought it would be a little fun. 

So let me start from the beginning. I bought my partner tickets to 'Professor Brian Cox Live' for his birthday last year as I knew this was someone he liked and I'd never been to a lecture style show. When the tickets arrived, inside was obviously the tickets but also a gift voucher for a free first subscription box for 'Graze'. I'd heard of the company and was aware of what it was but had never really thought to give it a go as 'healthy snacks' isn't really my kind of thing. 


A couple of months later it was the night of the show and I had once again seen this little gift voucher...I decided I might as well try it as it was free and hey, free things are always good, especially free food!

I did all the stuff you had to do, filled out the details, entered the promotional code and so on. There was a section where you would get to choose what you kind of box you wanted and your preferences, those being a light box or variety. I'm quite fussy and so naturally I picked the variety box. You are given the option of how often you would like your box, the options being: twice a week, once a week and once a month. Now came the fun part, selecting what snacks you wanted. I have a sweet tooth, a really big sweet tooth infact so I instantly went through and selected as many of the sweet treats that were available. The site also asks you what you don't like and will never give you anything you don't want, which I think is great as it's nice to have some mystery, but you want to actually enjoy it.

Then came the wait, as I'd actually become quite excited about ordering my first ever subscription box it seemed like it was taking forever to arrive.

It arrived and I couldn't wait to see what was inside the box, it was literally the most excited i had been in weeks. I was extremely happy to find:

  • Like they had said, they would only include what you wanted to try.
  • They had also added extra coupons to give to friends so that they can get discounts, but I could also earn more discounts.
  • There was a sheet which listed ingredients so that you knew everything that had been used to make the snacks which seemed to all be natural. 

I was extremely pleased with this box as I had expected to not like the snacks just because of how they seemed, but I got to try some new things. I was eager to try something new that I'd never thought to try before. And then it occurred to me that I very rarely try anything new, I like what I like but in doing this box I have found that I only want to try more new things. I don't really know what this will turn into but I hope to try another subscription box. 




Image: https://cdn.graze.com/static/17-1495120541/images/graze/en//homepage/intro-4p.jpg

Comments